Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jessi Irvin Joins Aspiro Group




For Immediate Release
March 24, 2009


(Mount Pleasant, UT) Aspiro is pleased to announce the hiring of Jessi Irvin as a therapist in our unique Wilderness Adventure Therapy (WAT) model.

Our management team is thrilled to have the opportunity to work with such a respected, outstanding therapist, said Brian Church, Vice President, Business Development.

"Jessi will play a major role in our continued growth as a program, and is a wonderful addition to our clinical team."

"I felt very connected to and welcomed by everyone I met there," said Irvin. "I love the adventure component as a means for challenging kids to look at their patterns, while giving them an opportunity to increase their confidence and push themselves outside of their comfort zone. I'm excited to interact w/ students and share in their adventures. I like the structure, coupled with the flexibility in my role as a therapist to coordinate a student's program based on their needs and those of their family. I'm also excited about the strong parent involvement, which I've so come to appreciate in my work at Three Rivers Montana. It's important to have the support of parents while their kids are away and also necessary, I believe, to have them involved in doing their own work and work as a family if there is to be true, lasting change."

"I worked at Three Rivers for nearly three years and have loved working with kids and families in the wilderness," said Irvin. "I feel very comfortable in that role, along with the expectations related to working with consultants and attending conferences. I enjoy the opportunity to network and meet people face-to-face, since so much work is done over the phone. There's an intimacy that comes with this work we do in this industry that really fits for me. I've also maintained a very small private practice while at Three Rivers and have enjoyed working with adolescents and young adults in transition. Prior to working at Three Rivers, I was a therapist at a few local, community-based counseling clinics. While there, I worked with a broad spectrum of clients, including families, adults, couples, young children and adolescents facing a wide variety of challenges."

Jessi will be moving to Utah, from Montana, over the next month, and will begin taking on a case load the first week of May. Please join us in welcoming Jessi to Aspiro.

Business Office: (801) 349-2740 | Toll Free - 888-266-5136

No comments: